Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hummus Lettuce wraps!

Hey RA peeps! Yeah I am not totally raw anymore but trying to do that 80/20 thing – ya know – 80% whole food and 20% cooked (but not crappy food).  Today for lunch I had some lettuce wraps stuffed with hummus and lots of shredded veggies like cabbage, carrots, green onions, celery and bell pepper. Okay I admit a huge piece of sourdough toast sounds better, but actually these were very good and oh so healthy. When I eat like crap I just feel like crap. Especially my stomach, which is already feeling crappy and irritated from methotrexate. I definitely notice when I eat healthy and vegan my stomach issues subside. I also get hot flashes at night when I eat crappy – does this happen to anyone else? Anyways I am trying to lay off the bread for a week! Bread is my worst enemy – I wish I hated it like I hate bananas or mushrooms.  Okay off to swallow the mtx – I am so overdue cuz I was seek for over a week with a cold! For breakfast I had a green smoothie with kale, mangos, 1/2 banana and a couple of frozen strawberries. I really like getting my greens through juice and smoothies since eating large quantities of salad all the time can get so annoying!

0119011238

judy-white

4 comments:

Pony said...

Holy schmoly, I love me some hummus! I actually kind of overdosed on it a few months back and had to take a little break. But we've gotten back together again :)

I've never correlated my night hot flashes to food. I'd always assumed they were because I am Inuit sleeping under a ridiculous duvet next to a human furnace. But, maybe eating crappy is connected, too.

Unknown said...

Keep blogging!

RA is Wild said...

Justin! okay - but I need to start the new blog - but blogging takes alot of time!

BuyWobenzym.com Blogger said...

Have you tried Wobenzym to reduce the pain from your RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis)? You can find a lot more information here: http://www.BuyWobenzym.com or on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/BuyWobenzym

Years of Research and Validation
The exact formulation found in Wobenzym N has been featured in six human clinical studies with 2,489 patients studied. When you read that Wobenzym N provides temporary relief from everyday aches, pains and muscle soreness due to everyday activity, increased flexibility and mobility, and promotes a normal inflammation response and supports joint and tendon health, you know that these results have been clinically studied. Since Wobenzym N became available in Europe in the 1960's, over 29 million people have taken the product. Millions of ordinary people seeking temporary relief have found an answer in Wobenzym N.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails